NearbyGamers

Cafepress Items?

History

Forum:

NearbyGamers General
no tags
LFG
2007-07-16 16:31:15

So there are new sites similar to this, and they are starting up Cafepress sites to sell T-Shirts etc. Is there any interest in doing this for NearbyGamers?

See: http://spielerz.com/

Gamers posting in this discussion

If you can see this, you're blocking JavaScript. Or I broke the maps.
preload gamer marker preload gamer_group marker preload group marker
Because I'm Snarky...
2007-07-17 03:11:29

I, for one, have interest and would buy a shirt so long as it's tasteful. Tasteful to me means not too gaudy. I wear things that have a simple design, but get the message across (such as the Newegg shirts). Some of the stuff I saw for Spielerz seemed too 13-year old for me "I'm on your 6, stealing your wool", etc. Yea, I laughed, but I wouldn't wear that.

Where am I going with this? We know Harkins has a "life" and is busy coding. My thought is the community should get some t-shirt ideas. I'm sure if they're good Harkins can take the time to figure out the logistics of cafepress, and that won't impact the development of the site as much. I'm not a graphic person, I love the code but can't draw worth crap, so I'll refrain from submitting anything, but if you want hosting for the pictures of any design contact me through this site and I'll put pictures up for you. I can make a nice page on my website (http://thesnarky.com) for all our designs and see where it goes from there. Let Harkins worry about code, we'll get the community going!

LFG
2007-07-17 18:02:04

Well...I'm an illustrator by trade and could whip something up. Or y'all could sift through the online gallery and see if anything doable is in there (I wouldn't mind contributing the pic).

I think I'd agree though, a nice tasteful t-shirt would be cool. Especially at conventions and the like.

Online gallery here: http://picasaweb.google.com/OrdoHereticus/Illustrations

Cheers!

Jeff Preston

Because I'm Snarky...
2007-07-17 22:34:44

Wow man, are those all yours? They're amazing! It gives me a few ideas. I like the soldier looking over his shoulder... maybe something like that, a war-torn campaign vet, with a catchy tag about needing a few good men (or to be more PC, gamers).

I also like a few of the maps on there, perhaps some fantasy looking map with an arrow/dagger in it and the classic "Here there be gamers"?

I wonder if Harkins would give you a screenshot of some of the code to use as a backdrop for a picture... I once did that with code for a project I was quite proud of, and it made it that much more special, ya know? If the drawing was more of a sci-fi theme, this could be cool.

Or perhaps something a lot more basic, like the words "Nearby Gamers" decorated with characters from games (ninja jumping out from behind, a tank driving around, etc) and then the URL across the back, much like the Newegg shirts.

Well, my brain is picked clean, let us know what you come up with!

This Discussion is Closed

Discussions are closed and stop accepting new posts if a moderator closes them or 60 days of inactivity passes.